As the year’s end approaches its time reflect on the past year, and to look to the next year and what we want to achieve.
Don’t worry, I’m not going to give you a “new year, new me” speech, but I am going to briefly go back to last new years eve… 31st December 2013, time to look back at what I’d accomplished. Holding down a steady job and paying bills. I wasn’t happy with just having accomplished an existence, I wanted to live.
It’s not all bad, I visited Portugal in May, and had a weekend trip to Brugges booked for December but I wanted more…
So, it was as that moment on new years eve, I decided that 2014 would be my year. To take the leap and head out onto the unknown alone and to see what would happen. I decided I’d head to Australia so January this year I booked it. Despite some sacrifices I’d made it and it was the best thing I’d done.
No longer was I dreaming, I was living on the edge of my comfort zone.
So next year will be no different. I’ll hit the ground running and keep going until I reach the edge of the map.
Upcoming plans so far for next year are:
– To start working on my youtube channel and keep up with regular video posts
– To work on my photography skill and enhance my abilities
– To reconnect with my love for travel writing and hopefully inspire others
– To plan something for my 1st Blogaverasy.
– Make the most of New Zealand (and any other trips I can squeeze in)
Here’s my top 10 travel quotes that I found truly inspirational.
10. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the pace you came from with new eyes and extra colours. And the people there see you differently too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving” – Terry Pratchett
9. “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures” – Lewis Carroll
8. “You will never be completely at home again, because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. This is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place” – Miriam Adeney
7. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list” – Susan Sontag
6. “A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving” – Lao Tzu
5. “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move” – Robert Louis Stevenson
4. “To travel is to take a journey into yourself” – Danny Kaye
3.”Not all those who wander are lost” – J.R.R Tolkein
2. “I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world” – Mary Anne Radmacher
And my all time favourite…
1. “For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return” – Leonardo da Vinci
The motto I aim to live by…
No longer am I dreaming, I am living – myself, Wanderlust Em
Here’s to looking back on the wonderful experiences and friends in the past year, and to new adventures and making new friends next year.
Best wishes and happy travels for 2015.
Thanks for reading,